I have found a great step by step recipe for dibetics who love Banana Bread. Easy and great tasting recipe that is!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup honey-crunch wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon baking Soda
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- /2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup egg substitute, thawed
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 sticks margarine
- 1-1/2 cup mashed bananas
- 6 ounce can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In large bowl, mix first 7 ingredients.
- With pastry blender, cut in magarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in bananas, undiluted apple-juice concentrate, egg substitute, walnuts, and vanilla just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into pan.
- Bake 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of bread comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Serve warm, or cool completely to serve later.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 180
- Sodium: 135 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Exchanges: 1 Bread; 1 Fruit; 1 Fat
Source for Diabetic Banana Bread
- Top Seven Gifts For Diabetics
- Chocolate Marble Vanilla Cheesecake Diabetic Recipe
- Diabetes I Hate You
- Top Ten Diabetic Recipe
- Diabetic Triggers
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Torte Diabetic Recipe
- Diabetes StumbleUpon
Ask and Answer Question To Make Money
Today's Best deal at Amazon